Sorry, that's just the user defaults...

On 5/25/2020 4:06 PM, Paul Therrien wrote:
Vern,

Certainly I can override the DATA() parm in WRKOBJ or WRKOBJPDM - what I am
not understanding is where the DATA(*YES) in WRKOBJPDM gets defined - how is
the WRKOBJPDM CRTDUPOBJ DATA(*YES) override specified? Is that something we
would have done? Or does PDM override that somehow? I don't see a place to
configure this.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Vernon
Hamberg
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2020 10:16 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: CRTDUPOBJ - WRKOBJPDM vs WRKOBJ

Hi Paul

First, the 4 version of CRTDUPOBJ are there for compiling CL to previous
releases. The normal daily usage is the one in QSYS.

Second, WRKOBJ is a basic system command, while WRKOBJPDM is a developer
(and maybe system administrator) tool with some assumptions. Perhaps the
designers of PDM decided that normal use of CRTDUPOBJ would be to include
the data. It appears that WRKOBJ makes no choices for values, instead, it
simply uses the defaults. Note that WRKOBJPDM doesn't give you a choice
about replacing an object that already exists, while PDM typically does.

I am not on a system so I don't know - can you press F4 in WRKOBJ when you
take the 3 option? Or can you put the DATA(*YES) parameter on the command
line? The latter is a way to override default parameters, as I recall.

Regards
Vern