Thanks Paul

I have a DLTOLDSPLF Pgm of my own that gets a NoOfDays parameter
, does a WRKSPLF *ALL to a file, reads the file and deletes each SPLF
older then (current day - NoOfDays) parameter .

I would like however, to use operating system built in utilities
where possible.

Any point in opening an RFE ?

Gad

Gad,

We used to use DLTEXPSPLF, but too slow and too much maintenance as you
have noted.

We purge all spoolfiles daily by using an AJS job.
Very fast, runs in under 1 minute.
We use 45 days as a default retention for each outq. If an outq needs to
kept longer/or shorter we use that value instead for that outq.

DSPOBJD OBJ(*ALL/*ALL) OBJTYPE(*OUTQ) DETAIL(*FULL) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE

CLP below

Read from work file created above
Retrieve all spoolfiles of each outq using IBM API QSPROUTQ

CALL PGM(QSPROUTQ) PARM(&RCVINF &RCVLEN &FORMAT +
&OBJLIB &APIERR) /* Retrieve Output Queue +
Information (QSPROUTQ) API */

TAATOOL CMD
DLTOLDSPLF OUTQ(&ODLBNM/&ODOBNM) FILE(*ALL) USER(*ALL) +
EXCLUDEUSR(*NONE) JOB(*ALL) +
EXCLUDEJOB(*NONE) FORMTYPE(*ALL) +
USRDTA(*ALL) STS(*ALL) ASPDEV(*) +
RETAINDAYS(&RETENTION) QPJOBLOG(999) +
QPSRVDMP(999) MOVTOOUTQ(*LIBL/*NONE) +
ACTION(&ACTION) COMPDATE(*CRTDAT) +
SUMMARY(*YES)

Go to read

If interested, I can post or send you the entire source.

Paul