They are, but I believe the 200G per LUN recommendation applies to IBM i as
a whole and not only when using SAN.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 4:26 PM Diego E. KESSELMAN <diegokesselman@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I'm not sure, but I think I've read they are talking about IBM i hosting
IBM i at the beginning of this thread

Regards

Diego K

El 23/03/20 a las 13:20, Roberto José Etcheverry Romero escribió:
I know, but fortunately I've left vSCSI behind. My last implementations
have been all NPIV, which frees me from that issue. I haven't reached the
128 LUN per vFC limitation yet, and even then we are talking of ASP sizes
above 25 TB.
But yes, once you have all those rules neatly tucked into a cheat sheet,
building systems is a lot easier.
Nowadays I only deal with vSCSI on maintenance customers, and those
usually
don't change the config so it's easier.
That is one of the things I love about the redbooks and the Technical
Universities, that you get the distilled know how.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 4:06 PM Diego E. KESSELMAN <
diegokesselman@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Roberto,

remember, you have queue depth limitations (need to calculate between
disks and vSCSI ), disks per vscsi rules and as long as I remember you
can't create as many vSCSI devices for disk as VIOS.

Diego K