From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Howie, Bill
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 4:04 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Palmer, Diane <DPalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: AFP spool file output offset when saved as PDF

Hello all,

Wanted to run this past the group and see if anyone has a solution. We have
a situation where a user prints a spool file to a printer/copier in our
office. This is an AFP spool file with an overlay. It prints just fine.
When this user wants to send this out via email to someone, they simply
print it on the copier/printer and then scan it and email it through the
functionality of the copier. This user will now need to have the ability to
send these out to folks from a remote location. If we set the user up with
using iSeries Navigator to do it (with a shortcut to their printed output on
their desktop, where they right-click on the output and select "Convert to
PDF"), the printed output in the PDF is offset such that it looks
misaligned. The printer file is currently defined with offsets included in
the DDS specs. Right now our company still uses iSeries Access, and I was
thinking that we could get around this problem using ACS, but I tested it
through the "printed output" func tionality of ACS and got similar results
to what I saw using Navigator.

Are there any general things we can try to fix this issue? Maybe using
WSCST objects in some way? Basically we're just trying to get a PDF version
of an AFP document to look the same as the printed version. Not sure there
is one tried-and-true way to do this but thought I'd throw it out to the
group. Any information is, as always, appreciated!

[Related image]<https://www.hc-companies.com/>Bill Howie Senior ERP
Programmer/Analyst Consultant
Direct: 330.487.3739 | Cell: 330.495.5627 | Toll Free: 800.225.7712
2450 Edison Blvd, Suite 3, Twinsburg OH 44087
hc-companies.com<https://www.hc-companies.com/>
Leader in Horticultural Containers
[cid:image004.png@01D5FBAC.79EADF00]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-hc
-companies> [cid:image006.png@01D5FBAC.79EADF00]
<https://www.facebook.com/HCCompanies/>
[cid:image008.png@01D5FBAC.79EADF00]
<https://www.instagram.com/hccompanies/>
[cid:image010.png@01D5FBAC.79EADF00] <https://twitter.com/hc_companies>

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is
confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others
authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in
relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been
automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a
Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for
your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and
compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.
https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.