Not sure if this interests you, but you can run your node app as a CL command and then consume the STDOUT results from the outfile. Bout as close as you'll ever get to NodeILE most likely 😊 And no web server needed if you call it from a CGI or other web app. Runs synchronously.
https://github.com/richardschoen/NodeOni

A more generic QSHELL caller, pretty much does the same but generified for any QSH/PASE command line app.
https://github.com/richardschoen/QshOni

Source is in the save file. Feel free to modify and contribute.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Web: http://www.richardschoen.net
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
------------------------------

message: 2
date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 10:27:52 -0600
from: B Stone <bvstone@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Best way to monitor for Running Node server on IBM i

Nope.. this is just an internal web service that I want running all the time. PM2 works great to start it, restart it, check logs, etc. I haven't experienced what you have with it.

I'm using it as a web service for Node to do some things that just aren't that feasible in RPG. NodeILE would be cool to use instead of having a server running all the time. But I don't see a way to call node from RPG or ILE languages directly, which would be cool. (yes, I'm aware of 3rd party products and data queues, etc). But maybe there's something new in the works with V7R3 and up that I've missed?

RPG --- > call node webservice using GETURI and return JSON to it.

That's what I'm doing now with the web service. Works great. I just want to make sure the node job is up and running. With apache it's easy to check/restart if needed by checking by job name.

Bradley V. Stone
www.bvstools.com
MAILTOOL Benefit #12 <https://www.bvstools.com/mailtool.html>: Both Text and HTML email support