In the latest version of ACS 1.1.8.3, that was delivered in December. If you click on the icon for Insert for examples...at the bottom of the dialog is a new button called preferences. If you open that, we have added a new feature, in the middle, you have the ability to add additional paths that are to be included in your insert for examples list. Click on the Add button and you can specify either a local path, or one that is part of a network share... either IFS, or something else. Once you have specified that path. Any time you open Insert from Examples going forward, we will include any .SQL files we find and if you have saved them with the category and description tags, those values will be listed in the list. Additionally, there is a search/filter capability, that can be used to very quickly find the script you are looking for.

There is currently no keyboard shortcut for Insert from Examples... but I do like that idea! Feel free to open an RFE so we can get that added.

Also in 1.1.8.3, from the main runScrscripts page, there is a new button to help make creating of new saved scripts easier. There is a new button in the top tray, the work SQL with 2 green arrows, and a yellow star in the middle of it. That is a new feature to Save your examples. All you have to do is highlight a section of the sql you want. Click on the icon, and you are presented with a way to specify or select the category and specify a description and the location where you want to save it...

Thanks
Sent from my iPad using IBM Verse