You can certainly set the QLMTDEVSSN system value. Then if “certain” users really need it, the you can override at the profile level. I know our auditors look at this at the sysval and profile level.
We have a very limited number of users that have two profiles for production work since all users are allowed only one session

--
Bryan Dietz