Sam you might be thinking of MySql which is used by a lot of PHP apps.

However SQLite is used a lot as well for apps where NOT a lot of changes are being made because if file locks during changes/commits.

It's a very cool standalone no-server-needed database engine.

You can almost liken it to MS Access or Dbase if you remember that.

One cool use for SQLite would be to populate data from an IBMi app for using in a mobile application where SQLite is used heavily.

The Yum packages are available thru Open Source Package Management.

I wouldn't spend a lot of time learning it unless you have a need for apps that may need to read/write a standalone file based database.

One example I used it for was to write a Windows based snippet manager. All the data is in a single file.

I also know of at least 1 git server app (Bonobo) that uses it as a database to web front end a git repository.

Have fun.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Web: http://www.richardschoen.net
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
message: 4
date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 14:57:13 -0500
from: Sam_L <lennon_s_j@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: SQLite Database on IBM i

Anyone installed/used SQLite on native IBM i?

My understanding is that it is full fledged SQL database written in C that keeps all its tables and definitions in a single file in the file system.

I'm not suggesting it could replace DB2/400, but it seems like quite a lot of open source software uses SQLite, including numerous PHP based program.

Any thoughts or experience?

Sam