And I'm doing my very best to stay out of this conversation since I've only had it about 17,539 times over the years, but one thing I do have an issue with on web vs. 5250 is heads down data entry.  And while that's a more specialized need these days, it still happens (in fact, I've seen a resurgence due to "integration" with SaaS, but I digress).

Anyway, 5250 has it hands down as a high-speed data entry interface.  You CAN get a web interface to execute almost as quickly, but it requires work that some out-of-the-box UI frameworks aren't willing to do, and it still has a few holes, mostly around type-ahead and a couple of related areas.  And 5250s still do better on shop floors than PCs.  Just my .02.  :)

That being said, I agree wholeheartedly that you shouldn't lock yourself into 5250, but it's still a rock solid interface.