I like that. Putting in my sql examples in RSS. I had the sign backwards. Yours calculates it correctly.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Luis Rodriguez
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2019 1:11 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Timestamp in ISO-8601 compliant format

Kevin,

Using your SQL statement as a base, I believe this should return the proper UTC offset every time:
WITH ts
AS (
SELECT CHAR(CURRENT TIMESTAMP) AS iso_Zdate_col FROM sysibm.sysdummy1
)
SELECT LEFT(iso_Zdate_col, 10)
CONCAT 'T' CONCAT REPLACE(SUBSTR(iso_Zdate_col, 12, 8), ':', '.')
CONCAT (CASE WHEN CURRENT timezone < 0 THEN '-' ELSE '+' END)
CONCAT SUBSTR(DIGITS(CURRENT TIMEZONE), 1, 2) CONCAT ':' CONCAT SUBSTR(DIGITS(CURRENT TIMEZONE), 3, 2)
FROM ts ;

It could be rewritten as a SQL function but, of course, as you correctly state, the real solution would be for IBM to provide us a proper ISO 8601 timestamp.

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez

--

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 at 14:52, Kevin Bucknum <Kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
It does. That’s why I said it would be up to you to calculate the offset.
You could do several things. This assumes you are to the left of GMT.

WITH ts AS (
SELECT CHAR(current timestamp - current timezone) AS iso_Zdate_col
FROM sysibm.sysdummy1
)
SELECT LEFT(iso_Zdate_col, 10) CONCAT 'T' CONCAT
REPLACE(SUBSTR(iso_Zdate_col, 12, 8), ':', '.')
CONCAT '+00:00'
FROM ts;

WITH ts AS (
SELECT CHAR(CURRENT TIMESTAMP) AS iso_Zdate_col
FROM sysibm.sysdummy1
)
SELECT LEFT(iso_Zdate_col, 10) CONCAT 'T' CONCAT
REPLACE(SUBSTR(iso_Zdate_col, 12, 8), ':', '.')
CONCAT '+' CONCAT SUBSTR(DIGITS(CURRENT TIMEZONE), 1, 2)
CONCAT ':' CONCAT
SUBSTR(DIGITS(CURRENT TIMEZONE), 3, 2)
FROM ts;

But to me the real solution is for IBM to implement your RFE.