I am only using DSPFFD in the written example of the process for the article Bruce.

Question of how many things you want to teach in one piece and whereas most RPGers are familiar with DSPFFD the number who are comfortable with APIs is I suspect significantly lower.

SQL was and OK alternative as the intent is pretty obvious - but I got bogged down in the differences and took the easy way out!

Not familiar with qdbifld, and/or qadbxsfld - where do they fit?