BMC was wired, but incorrectly, HMC ETH2 instead of HMC IPMI.
IP address was previously assigned, but not configured.
Switch port was never activated.

Corrections made, successful BMC log in.

Firmware Revision : 01.27 -->will be updated to 3.13

Firmware Build Time : 20170802

PNOR Build Time : 20180105

CPLD Version : B2.81.01

è Will be updated to P8 313.bin

Ready for the HMC firmware updates.

1) Can this only be done from USB stick?
2) Any known issues/gotchas?

First time I'm doing this on a 7063-CR1.

7.4 Updating the System Firmware using the BMC Web GUI
Another method to update the system firmware is by using the baseboard management controller (BMC).
The system firmware is a combination of the BMC firmware and the PNOR firmware. To update the system firmware, update both the BMC firmware and the PNOR firmware by using the BMC.
Note: System firmware update from the BMC Web GUI is only supported on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers.

Complete the following steps to update the BMC firmware:
1. Log in to the BMC by entering the user name and password. Then, press Enter.
2. From the Maintenance list on the BMC dashboard, select Firmware Update.
3. In the Firmware Update window, select Enter Update Mode. Click OK.
4. In the Firmware Upload window, choose the .bin file from your local system folder and click Upload Firmware. Wait for the file to be uploaded. Then, click OK.
5. The existing and new versions of the BMC firmware are displayed. Ensure that the Preserve Configuration check box is selected and the Preserve SDR check box is not selected. Click Start Upgrade.
Note: You cannot perform other activities by using the BMC interface until the firmware update is complete.
6. The upgrade progress of the firmware update is displayed. After the firmware update is complete, the system is restarted.
7. After the restart of the system is complete, verify the firmware revision level in the System menu of the BMC dashboard.

Complete the following steps to update the PNOR firmware:
1. Log in to the BMC by entering the user name and password. Then, press Enter.
2. From the Maintenance list on the dashboard, select PNOR Update.
3. In the PNOR Upload window, choose the .pnor file from your local system folder and click Upload PNOR. Wait for the file to be uploaded. Then, click OK.
4. The existing and new dates of the PNOR firmware are displayed. Click Start Upgrade.
Note: You cannot perform other activities by using the BMC interface until the PNOR update is complete.
5. The progress of the PNOR update is displayed. After the PNOR update is completed, the system must be restarted to finish installation of the new PNOR firmware.

Paul