Hello Larry,

thanks for the insight! Well appreciated.

Am 25.11.2019 um 17:50 schrieb DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

You can also see in WRKSYSACT the average CPU speed the cores are running at as a percent of the maximum for the chip. It is VERY often less than 100.

Ah, didn't know that command, not existing in V4R5. :-) Thanks!

don't sacrifice these things just because you feel a micro-watt savings might result!

Please don't get me wrong, I'm all yours when it comes to readability and maintainability (which also includes comments where needed). I wanted to point out that sometimes, a problem can be solved in more than one way and mostly that way chosen is the most comfy one because "we've plenty of cpu cycles, so why bother about a tiny increase in speed".

What I wanted to say was that these microwatt (per what? Energy costs were calculated from power times time) don't matter for one server but it certainly would make a difference when considering all servers around the world.

Virtualization with commodity wintel hardware already saved a *huge* load of power, considering that the alternative would be to have more physical servers running.

:wq! PoC

PGP-Key: DDD3 4ABF 6413 38DE - https://www.pocnet.net/poc-key.asc