I'm sure Jerry - it is only limited by the number of records you store and/or rebuild. I can only guess that whoever wrote the program you are talking about imposed their own limit of 9,999.

Like you I've done nothing but load all for many many years. As you say, nobody will page through 9,999 records. In fact I do load all and store the subfile images in memory so the subfile can be easily sorted.