Hello Rob and Patrik,

I'm working on this old machine because this was our old ERP system, and the former IT tech did not extract data from it when we changed the system, 5 years ago. So, it has been running without maintenance or even looking at it for the past 5 years. Now, people raised their hands (5 years after any tech that ever touched this OS retired) and said: "Hey! We need the data; we can't lose any of it!". So, I'm the 28 years old tech working with a 23 years old system...

Would a service like idevcloud be able to host a machine if I send them QIC2GB tapes of a full system save?

Unit #1 (the active one) is 9402-400 and the one I'm trying to install is 9402-200 I believe (could not find the tag where the 9402-XXX is written so I searched google)

The "risky" operation was that on my 1st system I had a failed DPY on a disk (and did not know how to repair it, found it later...) and used a disk from system 2 to try to change that disk. So, I erased the disk with the 1st system, trying to use it as a non-configured unit. Then, when I put the formatted disk back on the 2nd unit, that's when I got the 2nd SRC (918BB981). If I disconnect that disk, I get back to B1954502.

When I try to boot from tape or OS CD, the SRC change to

When I talk about the link, it's between an IO2677M and the as400 (http://ioconnections.com/productdetail.aspx?id=72)

I assume data is corrupted because when I do DSPPFM Library/File TORCD 327400 and goes down, it crashes. I receive a message "Cancel reply received for message CPF5030" and when I tried to extract these records through ODBC, the files sending this message were excluded when I set ERRLVL *NOMAX.

I hope you guys can enlighten me, as I feel I'm going in a dark path right now...!

Thank you

Eric Paiement
Consultant Solution Informatique 3R Inc.

227, boul. du St-Maurice, Trois-Rivières QC  G9A 3N8
Tél. 819 371.8227, ext. 256 . Fax 819 378.0535
www.fab3r.com