Hi all, I hope this is the right place for an SQL related question.

I have a problem with the XSLTRANSFORM SQL function complaining about missing functions which, according to the Database XML SQL Programming (7.1) manual, should exist. For example:

select xsltransform(XML_IN using XML_SS)

from(values(
xmlparse(document '<dummy>Hello World!</dummy>'),
xmlparse(document
'<xsl:stylesheet version="1.10"
<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes" />
<xsl:template match="/"><test><xsl:value-of select="normalize-space(dummy)"/></test></xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>')
)) x(XML_IN, XML_SS)
;;

...works as expected, and I get "<test>Hello World!</test>" returned. However:

select xsltransform(XML_IN using XML_SS)

from(values(
xmlparse(document '<dummy>Hello World!</dummy>'),
xmlparse(document
'<xsl:stylesheet version="1.10"
<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes" />
<xsl:template match="/"><test><xsl:value-of select="current-time()"/></test></xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>')
)) x(XML_IN, XML_SS)

...gives the error "XQ048E XPathParserException: The function 'current-time' was not found. expression = 'current-time()'"

I get the same problem for a few others ("upper-case()", for example).

Has anyone any idea why this might be? I can't find any likely looking APARs.

TIA Tim.