On a slight tangent, Besides playing merry hell on some tasks like Rob's.
Is NFS a good replacement for having all the files in the IFS? or what
would be a good way to take the IFS out of the i but still use it from the
i with minimal application changes?

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 6:10 PM Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That and it plays hell with all the connections currently using it.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of
Mark Waterbury
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 4:03 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: DSKIFS job takes a long time on occasion.

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not
click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know
the content is safe.

Rob,

Another possible "work-around" ...

See:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_72/cl/rmvmfs.htm

It says you could do this: RMVMFS TYPE (*NFS) MNTOVRDIR(*ALL)
Of course, I have no idea how you would "put Humpty-Dumpty back togehter
again" afterwards.

All the best,

Mark S. Waterbury

On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 12:43:36 PM EST, Rob Berendt <
Thank you. While I would prefer IBM calculate why this takes so darn
long lately this may be used as a work around.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not
click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know
the content is safe.

Hi Rob this one is working for us:

Dcl-Proc Muifs_NfsMontato Export;

Dcl-Pi *n ind;
Percorso varchar(1024) const; // Path da verificare
End-pi;

Dcl-s fstype varchar(80);

Dcl-Ds vfs likeds(ds_statvfs);

if statvfs(%trimr(Percorso): vfs) = -1;
return *off;
Endif;

fstype = %str(%addr(vfs.f_basetype));

Return %scan('NFS':fstype) > 0;

End-Proc;

ds_statvfs is:

*---------------------------------------------------------------
* ds_statvfs - data structure to receive file system info
*
* f_bsize = file system block size (in bytes)
* f_frsize = fundamental block size in bytes.
* if this is zero, f_blocks, f_bfree and f_bavail
* are undefined.
* f_blocks = total number of blocks (in f_frsize)
* f_bfree = total free blocks in filesystem (in f_frsize)
* f_bavail = total blocks available to users (in f_frsize)
* f_files = total number of file serial numbers
* f_ffree = total number of unused file serial numbers
* f_favail = number of available file serial numbers to users
* f_fsid = filesystem ID. This will be 4294967295 if it's
* too large for a 10U 0 field. (see f_fsid64)
* f_flag = file system flags (see below)
* f_namemax = max filename length. May be 4294967295 to
* indicate that there is no maximum.
* f_pathmax = max pathname legnth. May be 4294967295 to
* indicate that there is no maximum.
* f_objlinkmax = maximum number of hard-links for objects
* other than directories
* f_dirlinkmax = maximum number of hard-links for directories
* f_fsid64 = filesystem id (in a 64-bit integer)
* f_basetype = null-terminated string containing the file
* system type name. For example, this might
* be "root" or "Network File System (NFS)"
*
* Since f_basetype is null-terminated, you should read it
* in ILE RPG with:
* myString = %str(%addr(ds_statvfs.f_basetype))
*---------------------------------------------------------------
D ds_statvfs DS qualified
D f_bsize 10U 0
D f_frsize 10U 0
D f_blocks 20U 0
D f_bfree 20U 0
D f_bavail 20U 0
D f_files 10U 0
D f_ffree 10U 0
D f_favail 10U 0
D f_fsid 10U 0
D f_flag 10U 0
D f_namemax 10U 0
D f_pathmax 10U 0
D f_objlinkmax 10I 0
D f_dirlinkmax 10I 0
D f_reserved1 4A
D f_fsid64 20U 0
D f_basetype 80A

The prototype is:

*---------------------------------------------------------------
* statvfs() -- Get file system status
*
* path = (input) pathname of a link ("file") in the IFS.
* buf = (output) data structure containing file system info
*
* Returns 0 if successful, -1 upon error.
* (error information is returned via the "errno" variable)
*---------------------------------------------------------------
D statvfs PR 10I 0 ExtProc('statvfs64')
D path * value options(*string)
D buf like(ds_statvfs)

Of course this is from Scott C. Klement excellent work.

HTH
--
Marco Facchinetti

Mr S.r.l.