The OP is asking for something that is not possible. Rob, you address that, I think, with examples. I'll take a look from maybe a different angle.

A keyed LF can be used in all 3 environments. In SQL the key order will not be used, maybe not even if you specify the ORDER BY over the same columns

Generally speaking, unless there are select-omit criteria in the LF, SQL will ignore the LF, find its parent PF, then go through all the indexes or keyes LFs over that PF - might as well just specify the PF - again, unless there are S-O specs in it.

SQL cannot use any SQL index as the FROM file in a SELECT statement - period.  At least so far as I know.

I imagine that QRY/400 also cannot use an SQL index - it CAN, of course, use a keyed LF.

SQL views have no index - nada, zip, zilch, no way. You always have to use ORDER BY in SQL to ensure the sort order, and the optimizer might not use the LF or SQL index one expects.

An SQL index CAN be used in RPG - the sort order will be used, and a plain old index - no WHERE clause and no column list - will return the entire set of rows in the order of the index.

An SQL index can also look kind of like an LF - you can specify the columns to return when read, as well as selectivity with a WHERE clause that gives you select-omit behavior.

Enough said, I think.

Later, all!
Vern