Basic work management. Not a reply to Jim, just picked his reply.

WRKSHRPOOL
*BASE is the one I'm most concerned with.

WRKSBS
You'll see that most subsystems have at least a toehold on *BASE. Pretty much required for the subsystem job of each subsystem. On WRKSBS you'll often see other pools used. For example pool 1 of QBATCH may be system pool 2 (*BASE) and pool 2 of QBATCH may be system pool 4 (*SHRPOOL1).
On the DSPSBSD if you look at the routing entries, the pool identifiers say whether to use pool 1(system pool 2) or pool 2(system pool 4). "Compare value" ties back to the "routing data" associated either with the job description used to submit the job or the RTGDTA on the SBMJOB command.

See also:
select job_name, subsystem, memory_pool
from table(QSYS2.ACTIVE_JOB_INFO()) x
WHERE 1 IN (select 1 from gdihq.sysibm.sysdummy1)
order by memory_pool, job_name
;
The above may be useful for finding the jobs hitting a memory pool.

This will count those jobs hitting that pool
select count(*)