V7R3

Sent from my iPhone

On 1 Nov 2019, at 21:54, Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I too wondered why current can be greater than max. This is true for me
on other pools, like spool. I wonder if current is not necessarily
"active"?

From a high level perspective all I know is that when the system will not
let any new jobs start in any subsystem, in any pool, I need to increase
QBASACTLVL and they fire off again.

Then again, what version of the OS are you running?

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Don
Brown via MIDRANGE-L
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2019 5:07 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Don Brown <DBrown@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: QBASACTLVL recommendations.

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not
click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know
the content is safe.

I tried that on one system and got the following results;

Pool=2
Name=*BASE
MaxThreads=738
CurThreads=1133
%=1.535

It has 64GB Memory

So you are suggesting the MaxThreads should be increased ? Using what
formula ?

Don Brown