QAUDJRN had entries for all the QPWFSERVO jobs starting/ending, but no source IP address.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2019 3:18 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: QPWFSERVSO job - what would cause thousands of these jobs to start/stop in a 2 hour window

First suggestion: check QAUDJRN.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Steinmetz, Paul via MIDRANGE-L
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2019 3:03 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion' <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>

Noticed in QSYSOPR, QHST logs closing, quite often, every 7 seconds.
576 QHST logs were generated in this 2 hour window.
This pointed me to view QHST, where I saw the thousands of QPWFSERVSO starting and ending.
Based on the first and last message in QHST, using the job number as a reference, 292,571 QPWFSERVSO jobs started/end.

Job 392259/QUSER/QPWFSERVSO started on 10/23/19 at 13:58:38 in subsystem QSER
Job 684830/QUSER/QPWFSERVSO ended on 10/23/19 at 15:21:30; .002 seconds used;

The QPWFSERVSO jobs use jobd QPWFSPJ, which by default is set *NOLIST and LOG CL no, thus no joblogs were created by any of these jobs.​
Without these joblogs, we could not identify the source IP requesting.
From IBM support, QPWFSERVSO jobs are file host server jobs that are used when a client connects to the IFS by some method other than mapping a network drive.

No performance issues were caused by this, just a lot of clutter in the logs.

Anyone in the group ever experience this issue, and/or know how to determine the source IP requesting.

Thank You
_____
Paul Steinmetz
IBM i Systems Administrator