One option might be writing the SQL statements to a table and then have another process picking them up.

A data queue would work, but you couldn't replay the statements if needed.

With either data queue or database you could also have a .Net, Java, or other app running in Windows or Linux doing the data pump work also if you don't want the overhead on IBMi.

As others mentioned Scott Klements samples or AppServer4Rpg are also free options for RPG.

Lots of ways to get it done.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Web: http://www.richardschoen.net
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phn: (612) 315-1745

message: 2
date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 11:20:48 -0400
from: Jay Vaughn <jeffersonvaughn@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: IBMi to AWS postgreSQL data warehouse

now this is some great info and it relates back to Alan Campins suggested use of data queues also.

I have to clarify exactly what the triggers would be writing out to the data queues... of course it would be the before/after image rows, right?
And of course the table name. Am I missing something?

For the running job to maintain connection, read data queue(s) and insert to target... could SK's jdbc api be used in that program? It could right?

Jay