On the system I built, I chose the -vvv method with details to a file.

The process will append any new connection details to the end of the file, but I generate a time stamp header so searching is simple.

I further enhanced this process by creating a method of detecting ANY “keyword phrase” from the last log entry to determine if there were any errors in the transfer.
I have a user maintained table that contains error keyword phrase, error explanation, and suggested resolution. I then developed a procedure to cross reference any error keyword phrase from that log to the table to link the “plain English” verbiage of the failure to be emailed to our product support on any failure.

Probably more than you wanted to hear but it’s been working great with this “built in, error definition” process.

Remote ip, user, ssh and password auth (if using expect) are also included in the transfer details.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone