At least, as far as I understand it.
HTH,

Mark S. Waterbury

On Wednesday, October 9, 2019, 11:09:57 PM EDT, midrange <franz9000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why do I remember having problems whenever QUSER would get disabled. It's been a long long time ago, .. perhaps it was a SNA issue?
And why would EIM/SSO allow password *none profiles to sign on?
Jim Franz

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark Waterbury
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2019 9:01 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: disable all Q* ibm supplied profiles and chaning default passwords

Hi, Jim,

One interesting wrinkle ... you can sign-on to a user profile that has a password set to *NONE, if you are on a system that is using EIM/SSO.

Only if you *DISABLE the profile, can you totally prevent it from being used to sign-on interactively.

This does not prevent those profile(s) from being used to run batch jobs or "services."

Just saying ...

Mark S. Waterbury