Lighten up, guys. Consider my wrist slapped. I just used the root to see if I could still reach the IFS on that old box. I could have just said a share.

Best Regards,

Thomas Garvey

On 9/26/2019 7:50 AM, Steve Pitcher wrote:

Agree with Jim wholeheartedly...should never share the root. Just because someone is seasoned doesn't make he or she immune from mistakes or oversights. Development systems are usually fairly lax on security yet still hold production data to test with.

Steve Pitcher

iTech Solutions Group, LLC

p: (203) 744-7854 Ext. 176 | m: (902) 301-0810

www.itechsol.com | www.iInTheCloud.com

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas Garvey
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 7:31 PM
To: raul <raul@xxxxxxxxxx>; Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: SMBV1 issue

This box is used strictly for development by two seasoned developers.

I see the screen shot didn't make it through.
Here's the text of that...

/The mapped network drive could not be created because the following has occurred:// //You can't connect to the file share because it's not secure. This share// //requires the obsolete SMB1 protocol, which is unsafe and could// //expose your system to attack.// //Your system requires SMB2 or higher. For more info on resolving this issue, see: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=852747/

It works on my v7r3 partition. Is there something that can be done to get it to work on this old v5r4 partition?
Seems like it must be some protocol on the server, no?

Best Regards,

Thomas Garvey