So the remote side of the connection went to their software provider which came back with this link.
http://www.openssh.com/legacy.html

By adding HostKeyAlgorithms +ssh-dss to our configuration file, /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/SC1/OpenSSH/openssh-4.7p1/etc/ssh_config, we can now connect.

To see what you support:
ssh -Q cipher # List supported ciphers
ssh -Q mac # List supported MACs
ssh -Q key # List supported public key types <-- this one did the trick
ssh -Q kex # List supported key exchange algorithms

ssh -Q key
ssh-ed25519
ssh-ed25519-cert-v01@xxxxxxxxxxx
ssh-rsa
ssh-dss <<---- there it is now.
ecdsa-sha2-nistp256
ecdsa-sha2-nistp384
ecdsa-sha2-nistp521
ssh-rsa-cert-v01@xxxxxxxxxxx
ssh-dss-cert-v01@xxxxxxxxxxx
ecdsa-sha2-nistp256-cert-v01@xxxxxxxxxxx
ecdsa-sha2-nistp384-cert-v01@xxxxxxxxxxx
ecdsa-sha2-nistp521-cert-v01@xxxxxxxxxxx
$
I am running:
ssh -V
OpenSSH_8.0p1, OpenSSL 1.1.1c 28 May 2019 on V7R1.

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.