Why does IBM PTF cover letter not include the complete description compared to Fix Central Recommend Fixes Description.

Fix Central Description details many more issues fixed with this PTF.

Example

PTF SI70840 Cover Letter

DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM FIXED FOR APAR SE71952 :

When using *SDD SMTP directory type to a non authentication SMTP

server wanting to use SSL, the SMTP client will not follow

STARTTLS unless a *HOSTAUTH list is added even though

authentication is not required.

CORRECTION FOR APAR SE71952 :

-----------------------------

Above problem will be fixed by this PTF.

IBM i 7.3 Recommended Fixes- SMTP

Date Added

Fixes

Description

7/23/2019

SI70840<https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas3SI70840>

- When using *SDD SMTP directory type to a non authentication
SMTP server wanting to use SSL, the SMTP client will not follow
STARTTLS unless a *HOSTAUTH list is added even though
authentication is not required.
- CHGSMTPA fails to adopt authority if called in a program that is set to USRPRF(*OWNER).
- SMTP incorrectly sends email to wrong address if the same recipient is found in the TO: address as well as the CC: Address. The this results in a 2nd rcpt to: command which times out, and results in a Non-delivery (NDL)
- CHGSMTPA COLDSTART(*YES) incorrectly still requires QUSRSYS/QTMSCLEAN data area.
- 5770 SP/QTMSUTL72 MSGCEE0199H logged, no data in the APAR library.
- 5770 F/QZMFBIGE MSGCEE9901 RC70
- SMTP Fails to start with TCP2066
- The order of the host name specified in the hot table impacts SMTP's ability to resolve users for incoming email
- 5770 F/QZMFBIGE MSGCEE9901 RC70
- WRKSMTPEMM command fixes
QTMMSENDMAIL API fixes
- SMTP Memory Allocation Issue
- HIPER APPLYING PTF SI65261, SNDDST *LMSG RESULTS
MISSING LAST CHAR ON "FROM:" ADDRESS.
- Text Translation EBCDIC/ASCII does not work
- TCPIP-POP-QUSRSYS/QATMPOPA will be removed and recreated
-MSGTCP5323WHENPERIOD USING . (PERIOD) CHARACTER IN
ADDUSRSMTP FAILS WITH TCP5323
-SMTP NOT SENDING A NON-DELIVERY MESSAGE
-QTMSUTL72 USES STATIC GLOBAL ACTIVATION CAUSING
MUTEX LOCK

Thank You
_____
Paul Steinmetz