Bradley,

I assume this would only be desirable if reading input from stdin?  After all, in other cases, you already have the JSON data in your program.

It'd be easy enough to add this into YAJL, though I'd add it as an optional parameter rather than create a new subprocedure.

What should happen if the file already exists?  Replace it or append to it?   The former would be better if you plan to process it later as a json document, but the latter would be better if this is just intended as a "log" (informational) type file and you don't plan to ever use it directly.

-SK