From: Mark Waterbury <mark.s.waterbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2019 1:03 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Finding offending RPG program causing locks on files

Matt,

Here is a more modern approach:

https://www.mcpressonline.com/analytics-cognitive/db2/techtip-add-lock-detection-to-your-db2-for-i-arsenal

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury

On Friday, June 28, 2019, 1:31:53 PM EDT, Matt Olson <Matt.Olson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah we know how to fix it, the trouble is finding all the programs that are causing it. That is what I'm looking for a solution on.

Right now I have a loop in our web application continually reading a record, and trying every option in every screen looking for when my web application bombs.

Not very efficient...