ok thanks - we do

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 12:08 PM Craig Richards <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

ive learned to do the following instead of cpyf (but my issue lies with
the
lurking WRITE within rpg pgms)

Jay - I do a lot of WRITES in RPG programs to these files.
I've never had an issue due to that.

You can't influence the ID from the RPG program, but you can write records
using

native WRITE (RLA) or
embedded SQL INSERT

and in both cases use

Exec Sql Set :UniqueID = Identity_val_local();

to retrieve the ID value assigned from your native WRITE or embedded SQL
INSERT.

I don't know if there are issues with older-style RPG but I've certainly
not had any issues in my code using RPG programs to write to tables with
autogen IDs

On Fri, 24 May 2019 at 16:54, Jay Vaughn <jeffersonvaughn@xxxxxxxxx>