If you’re using CRTPGM and you’re not referencing the duplicated procedures you can specify *DUPPROC as a compile option.

On 23 May 2019, at 03:28, Alan Shore via MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

HI Douglas
Thanks for the suggestion
I had to read your email a couple of times before it finally sunk in what your suggestion was really talking about
CLEVER
Let me see if that will make sense

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Doug Englander <denglander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 5/22/19 8:40 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: 2 same named procedures in 2 separate service programs

To help with plan "A":

1. See if the joblog or compiler printout says which procedure is duplicated.
2. If it doesn't, then you'll have to go through each service program in the binding directories you use, looking at the exports [use DSPSRVPGM]. You will see the name of the procedure that is duplicated in multiple service programs. You mentioned you still had the compile problem after removing one of the binding directories. That may reduce the research a bit.
3. Once you locate the service programs, then locate the source of the procedure [the modules].
4. Verify that the source is identical. If the source for the procedures is different in each service program, then you'll need to investigate that too. Don't laugh, I've seen that before. Check the compiled modules too if you have the debug view set to save source.
5. Once you locate where the duplicates are, you can go on from there. You could create a one off binding directory with just the service programs you need, just to get it to compile, but that is just a band-aid approach in my view.

Hope this helps.

Doug