From: "Rob Berendt" <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08.05.2019 16:03
Subject: RE: SNDSMTPEMM not working with Domino active
Sent by: "MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I always use multiple IP addresses. Not only do you have the SMTP issue
but if you have Domino doing other stuff (like HTTP, etc) you can have
other conflicts.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73/rzair/rzairrzairstack.htm

notes.ini
TCPIP_TcpIpAddress=0,10.10.7.67:1352
And Server Document, Ports, Notes Network Ports, Net Address

I think that at one time it was possible to feed the SMTP, one off the
other, but I'm not so sure they allow that anymore.

There is a DOMINO400 list at this site but it's in a coma.

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21327423
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1012996

I did find an old article outlining what you are trying to do, back on
Domino 5, and V4 of the OS. But, again, I really do not think it is
supported anymore.
http://pedpidomp1.dpi.state.nc.us/help/readas4.nsf/1bce3bc9bebd3a848525619e00767b22/4f5330a98e5ab6ad86256ae90079185f?OpenDocument

You can configure IBM i smtp to relay through another server.
CHGSMTPA FWDHUBSVR('...')
To relay through Domino you'd have to allow that. Normally done with a
"Configurations" document. Router/SMTP tab, Restrictions and Controls,
SMTP Inbound Controls. I put the same values into both " Exclude these
connecting hosts from anti-relay checks:" and " Allow messages only from
the following internet hosts to be sent to external internet domains:"
But you'd still need to set up two IP addresses. The benefit of relaying
through Domino is that if you are too antisocial to get your network
people to open up multiple connections to your spam checker and/or
internet provider it will work. Here we have Domino and IBM i both relay
through a spam checker.
We do have a few dozen devices (like copier/fax/printer/scanners) relay
through Domino, which then relays through the spam checker. It's kind of
that antisocial thing, I just find it easier.