From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of midrange
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2019 8:47 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion' <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Changing password minimum length, sign on display

Depending upon the other products (IBM and non-IBM) there can be issues (we have a system still running IBM Content Manager - and it's client only supports 10 character pwd, the change not possible for us.
Any connectivity - Netserver, ftp, odbc, jdbc - everything authenticating (I'm not aware of any exceptions).
So I will ask an additional question - what about between partitions if all not at same pwd level, or between different IBM i servers at different levels - for sndnetf, pass-thru, savrst commands, etc.
It's also not a simple "undo".
Plan well.

Jim Franz