From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Rob
Berendt
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2019 6:06 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: How to unload a stuck tape on a 3573 LTO7 Half Height drive

If you go into STRSST
1. Start a service too
7. Hardware service manager
4. Failed and non-reporting hardware resources You can delete the old
resource name.
3. Locate resource by resource name
Will allow you to use the following to rename your new resource name to the
old.
2=Change detail
And it will even change the resource name on your new device description to
match.

Day to day operations it may not matter.
But do you need the stress during a full system restore figuring out that
your tape IPL device is not TAP01?

Sure, anyone who has been through this considers this a no brainer during a
restore but some do it more than others.