nm Rob - i found it - i had the same as you had on yours so bumped up the
32 to 128 - still no luck... back to researching

Jay

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 12:26 PM Jay Vaughn <jeffersonvaughn@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

rob - thx - how did you access that? i looked through all the ACS menu
options (I thought)

Jay

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 10:57 AM Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anything of concern in here?
https://imgur.com/mUXwP37

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of
Jay Vaughn
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 10:36 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ACS Resource Limit Exceeded????

So i have the following query that calls a UDF... when I run in STRSQL,
no problem... it works and my results are displayed as I'd expect.

When I run the same query in ACS, I get an Resource limit exceeded error
with no results displayed... if I then go back to strsql and run the query
I get the same error message again...

I have to recreate the UDF so that I can then run successfully again in
STRSQL.

What does this mean?

Here is the query...

select borro00001
,lscnvtools.getNames(borro00001
,'FIRST')
,lscnvtools.getNames(borro00001
,'MIDDLE')
,lscnvtools.getNames(borro00001
,'LAST')
from lscnvtools.tfs0001

and here is the error from ACS regarding resource limit exceeded...

SQL State: 57011
Vendor Code: -904
limit type 13 exceeded with reason code 423. A list of the limit types
follows: -- Type 1 indicates that the user profile storage limit or the
machine storage limit was exceeded. -- Type 2 indicates that the machine
lock limit was exceeded. -- Type 3 indicates that the query resource limit
was exceeded. For more information see the previously listed message
CPD4365. -- Type 4 indicates that a journal error has occurred. -- Type 5
indicates that the commit lock limit was exceeded. -- Type 6 indicates that
the maximum size of the table has been reached. -- Type 7 indicates that
the maximum size of the prepared statement area has been reached. -- Type 8
indicates that the maximum number of cursors have been opened for this job.
-- Type 9 indicates that the maximum number of entries in the lock table
have been used for this job. -- Type 12 indicates that the maximum DRDA
communications buffer size was exceeded. -- Type 13 indicates that the
maximum amount of blocked data was exceeded. -- Type 14 indicates that the
maximum amount of descriptor space has been allocated. -- Type 15 indicates
that the maximum size of the parameter default area has been reached.
Recovery . . . : Do one of the following: If this is error type 1,
contact the security officer to increase the user profile storage limit,
or delete some objects to free up storage and then try the request again.
-- If this is error type 2, then try the operation when the number of
machine locks held has decreased. -- If this is error types 3, 4, or 5, see
previously listed messages in the job log for recovery information. -- If
this is error type 6, Some of the rows from this table must be moved to
another table. -- If this is error type 7, issue a COMMIT or ROLLBACK
without the HOLD clause before issuing anymore PREPARE statements. -- If
this is error type 8, issue a CLOSE before issuing any more OPEN
statements. -- If this is error type 9, issue a COMMIT or ROLLBACK without
the HOLD clause. -- If this is error type 12, reduce the total size of
column data supplied with the SQL request. -- If this is error type 13,
reduce the number of rows in the block. -- If this is error type 14, reduce
the number of allocated descriptors with the DEALLOCATE D
ESCRIPTOR statement. -- If this is error type 15, simplify the parameter
defaults.
list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To
https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.

questions.