From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Justin Taylor
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2019 8:59 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Restore time: LTO7 drive w/ LTO5 tape?

If I do a backup on an LTO5 drive with LTO5 tape and it takes 10 minutes. The general estimate is 1.5-2x for the restore (15-20 minutes). What about if I do the restore on an LTO7 drive?

I know there are a multitude of factors involved. I'm looking for a rough estimate for restore times. Can I still expect 15-20 minutes? Closer to 5 minutes or an hour?

TIA