From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 1:39 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: DSPLICKEY not showing keys (but LICENSE_INFO does!)

Okay, this is a brand new one for me.  I've got several machines/LPARs.
They have varying combinations of products: HA/replication LPARs should
be the same, and the DEV box obviously has a somewhat different
configuration.  Had some unexpected license messages come up and so I
decided to compare keys.  On one of the LPARs, DSPLICKEY returns CPF9E58
License key information not found.  Now I expect this when looking for a
key that is not there, but with DSPLICKEY PRDID(*ALL) LICTRM(*ALL)
FEATURE(*ALL) I definitely don't expect to see that error; that implies
that there are NO KEYS on this machine!  AHHHHH!  PANIC!

Now I know that the fine folks at IBM continue to provide us with new
services and I wondered if there was one for keys and lo and behold, the
LICENSE_INFO view does just that.  When run on the working LPARs, it
shows me the same information I get from DSPLICKEY.  But on the
misbehaving LPAR, LICENSE_VIEW shows me the keys I expect, even though
DSPLICKEY shows nothing!

So now I'm stumped.  Looks to me like I've got some internal tables
munged up and a call to IBM may be in order.  But before I do that, I
thought I'd reach out to the collective community. Anybody else ever see
something like this?