You could simply perform a binary comparison between the 2 files unless other elements such as date will change.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com

------------------------------

message: 4
date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 16:20:31 +0000
from: Michael Smith <msmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Compare two PDFs

I have an ongoing need to compare two PDF stream files and detect if there are "text" differences between the two.

Both PDFs were/will be created via a conversion from their respective spoolfiles, with the data in the spoolfiles being different between the two conversions.

The spoolfiles are no longer available to compare.

I am looking for a command, service program, or process that is available to be embedded in our production programs(CL,RPGLE).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

We are at V7R3.

TIA

Michael Smith