Scenario:

A library APNEW on a Power 8 running 7.1

All programs were compiled on 7.1 with TGTRLS V5R4M0

STROBJCVN command had been run against the library (I know this does
need to be done but it was so I mention it)

The library was saved using SAVLIB TGTRLS V5R4M0

Issue:

The library was restored to a system running V5R4M0 using RSTLIB

During their RSTLIB every object issues an message in the joblog:
CPI372C Information 10 03/01/19 12:56:56.636528 QSRRSPST QSYS 11F0
QSRRSLIB QSYS 053C

Message . . . . : SRVPGM CGISRVPGDR created again while it was being

restored to library APNEW.

Cause . . . . . : The object was converted due to one of the following

conditions: -- Conversion is required in order to restore the object
from

the saved version. -- The object meets the criteria specified by the
current

value of the Force Conversion on Restore (QFRCCVNRST) system value for

objects that must be converted during restore. -- FRCOBJCVN(*YES *ALL)
was

specified for the restore command.

My question is:

The RSTLIB took over an hour due to all the conversions

Is there something I can do on the 7.1 box to eliminate the conversion
process occurring during the RSTLIB on V5R4 box?

I know there is a parameter on the RSTLIB FRCOBJCVN that could be
changed to eliminate the conversion during the restore, but this only
delays the conversion process.

I would like to eliminate the need for a conversion process at all on
the V5R4 box

Years ago when we were saving libraries on V5R4 to restore to 6.1+ we
could run the STROBJCVN on the library prior to saving the library

But what needs to happen for the reverse (going from 7.1 to V5R4) if
anything.

Is it possible the STROBJCVN being run on the7.1 box caused the
conversion requirement going back??

I could simply recompile everything and stop running the STROBJCVN on
the library going forward? I hope it is that simple.

Thanks

John