The "IN" just brings back a list of values.

Put part of the where into the actual join. Change
Update JEFF.ORDTL d Set d.CWSTS = '3'
Where d.ONRCU
in (select h.ONRCU
from JEFF.ORHDR h
Inner Join JEFF.BILNGCNT c On h.SHPDTISO = c.DATE1)
and d.ACREC = 'A'
and h.ACREC = 'A'
and d.CWSTS In('1', '2');
to this:
Update JEFF.ORDTL d Set d.CWSTS = '3'
Where d.ONRCU
in (select h.ONRCU
from JEFF.ORHDR h
Inner Join JEFF.BILNGCNT c On h.SHPDTISO = c.DATE1
And h.acrec = 'A')
and d.ACREC = 'A'
and d.CWSTS In('1', '2');

This works:

select hid, hord, lord, l.*
from erplxf.ech h inner join erplxf.ecl l
on h.hord = l.lord
and h.hid='CZ';

Old thread. It has been 7 months and we are finally at a point of moving on this.

First off, Vern's suggestion of this:

Update JEFF.ORDTL d Set d.CWSTS = '3'
Where d.ONRCU
in (select h.ONRCU
from JEFF.ORHDR h
Inner Join JEFF.BILNGCNT c On h.SHPDTISO = c.DATE1)
and d.CWSTS In('1', '2');

did indeed work. Now I want to do this:

Update JEFF.ORDTL d Set d.CWSTS = '3'
Where d.ONRCU
in (select h.ONRCU
from JEFF.ORHDR h
Inner Join JEFF.BILNGCNT c On h.SHPDTISO = c.DATE1)
and d.ACREC = 'A'
and h.ACREC = 'A'
and d.CWSTS In('1', '2');

to make sure the line item and the order are both active. No joy. I get this error:

SQL State: 42703
Vendor Code: -206
. : ACREC was not found as a column of table *N in *N and was not found
as a global variable in *N. If the table is *N, ACREC is not a column of any table or view that can be referenced, or ACREC is a special register
that cannot be set in an atomic compound statement. Recovery . . . : Do
one of the following and try the request again: -- Ensure that the column and table names are specified correctly in the statement. -- If this is a SELECT statement, ensure that all the required tables were named in the FROM clause. -- If the column was intended to be a correlated reference, qualify the column with the correct table designator. -- If the column was intended to be a global variable, qualify the name with the schema where the global variable exists or ensure the schema is in the path. -- If this is a SET statement for a special register within an atomic compound dynamic statement, remove the statement or remove the ATOMIC keyword.

It's barfing on the h.ACREC reference. The field does exist in that file.
What am I doing that is not allowed?

Thanks.

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 4:28 PM Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>