Completed P7 to P9 migration on Production and R&D lpars this past weekend.
Overall, successful.

Some consistent issues/errors I'm following up on.
Two of the three issues are related to QUSRSYS.
Anyone from the group seeing this same behavior, or have some answers for these issues?

1) *SAVSECDATA and user profiles.
Why is the count of user profiles restored (2087) less than that was saved (2176)

Message . . . . : All security objects saved.
Cause . . . . . : 2176 user profiles, authorization lists, authority
holders, and digital certificate manager objects were saved on volumes
001389 at 01/25/19 22:00:07. The save operation ended on volume 001389.

2087 user profiles restored at 01/27/19 01:02:04

2) Following the restore of *SAVSECDATA, I'm receiving the below CPF414D, Database busy or error occurred.
Reading this message, it appears that QUSRSYS should be restored before *SAVSECDATA.
There is no mention of this in the BRMS recovery report.

CPC3705 Diagnostic 00 01/27/19 01:03:28.155804 Q1AC2RCY QBRM *STMT Q1AR1RCY QBRM *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : Q1AC2RCY
From procedure . . . . . . : Q1AC2RCY
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 762
To module . . . . . . . . . : Q1AR1RCY
To procedure . . . . . . . : Q1AR1RCY
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 2199
Message . . . . : 2087 user profiles restored at 01/27/19 01:02:04.
Cause . . . . . : Security data was restored. -- 2087 user profiles -- 88
authorization lists -- 0 authority holders -- 1 digital certificate manager
objects If SECDTA(*PVTAUT) was specified on the command, then only internal
objects used to restore private authorities were restored and the user
profile objects were not restored.

CPF414D Diagnostic 40 01/27/19 01:03:28.155983 Q1AC2RCY QBRM *STMT Q1AR1RCY QBRM *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : Q1AC2RCY
From procedure . . . . . . : Q1AC2RCY
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 762
To module . . . . . . . . . : Q1AR1RCY
To procedure . . . . . . . : Q1AR1RCY
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 2199
Message . . . . : Database busy or error occurred
Cause . . . . . : The library database was busy or failed with an error
during operations on library device TAPMLB01. QUSRSYS must be installed on
the system before using a media library device and the following files must
be available in QUSRSYS: QATAMID, QLTAMID, QATACGY, QLTACGY, QATAFTR.
Recovery . . . : See the previously listed messages to determine the
correct database error recovery action. Correct the problem and retry the
operation.

3) When restoring QSURSYS, interactively, the screen never returns back.
The screen "appears" that the restore is still going when in fact it was done an hour earlier.
Restore finished at 01:41:41.
I had to SYS Request, cancel out of the screen an hour later.
Lost an hour on the recovery.

CPF3773 Diagnostic 20 01/27/19 01:41:41.634555 Q1AC1HS QBRM *STMT Q1AR2RCY QBRM *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : Q1AC1HS
From procedure . . . . . . : Q1AC1HS
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 142100
To module . . . . . . . . . : Q1AR2RCY
To procedure . . . . . . . : Q1AR2RCY
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 2644
Message . . . . : 3871 objects restored. 0 not restored to QUSRSYS.
Cause . . . . . : -- 3871 objects were restored. -- 276081 spooled files
were restored. -- 0 objects were not restored. -- 0 spooled files were not
restored. Data was restored from saved library QUSRSYS to library QUSRSYS at
01/27/19 01:21:24. Objects were restored from sequence number 81 on volume
001379. Information messages may have been issued for additional data that
was not selected. If the restore operation ended before processing the
entire media or save file, there may be additional data that was not

*NONE Request 01/27/19 02:37:00.330774 QMNSYSRQ QSYS 0497 QMNSYSRQ QSYS 0497
Message . . . . : - *SYSTEM/DSPJOB
*NONE Request 01/27/19 02:37:33.108154 QMNSYSRQ QSYS 0497 QMNSYSRQ QSYS 0497
Message . . . . : - *SYSTEM/DSPJOB
CPF5140 Diagnostic 70 01/27/19 02:38:58.414438 QWSERROR QSYS 0573 QWSUIEH QSYS 0135
Message . . . . : Session stopped by a request from device QCONSOLE.
Cause . . . . . : The request shutdown was caused by either the user turning
the power off, by a device error, or the ASCII controller inactivity timer
expired. Recovery . . . : Close the files and vary the device off (VRYCFG
command). If the problem occurs again, enter the ANZPRB command to run
problem analysis.

Thank You
_____
Paul Steinmetz