  • Subject: Removing hardware - virtually
  • From: Christopher Bipes <chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 17:20:25 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx designates 12.174.87.203 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:content-language :accept-language:message-id:date:thread-index:thread-topic:subject :to:from; bh=kguKfbIgjmSnqsetUfgsYhuffV4JLo9SGwfS5t/3vxo=; b=Kh9OgeMzhjJcg25gbb6S8Cz0Nyl+lbT4vQhRAxi1dcl34cFcfdEGOU2u+dNsJ4WLl7 C+Hd0Tlw4Miji9qSc0EnNtoJy3M8wg7OF9szaBKYiqsfNnIdGtMYUfmGdwdO8ImgXcmE ZuNSWnVPUw3xu+SVEtJKg9GtiYDYMHCaoTBAo51YukxKzYKnSOTxYFiclFJ87UdsrQJY G952TY8oT1dN2SqkN7yJkpEKBVgnXILlMSugSUORXkO3zWkh8kZCFe31KB3qHbjo1sun ILxmF+c1XO90OigrQiWaXrxnNbZv2olU/5HVkXtK0O7wYsjdOdEAGzLL1LsX/7Lf9zSS JsKg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1547486427; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=c8xTr5LERCpAD1OKl4r/0JafMOQs9a3fdbNaXKbWY3jZO/l1NWltPk7WelhAIL4up3 GUHYMaOG5q1Kb3ksbbTrvkiWRKUDGntOVtyHNUebWw7ccWJFha0XoN4QCrLl0xDOT8g7 +Sh+VXyPoH39zIJXImAqpmKFKmOMkykSLra0Z8zGQBXCrf6JCRJ8gFSwIFS+LQlzYeGN r82o7jHbdlB5hdxwTn7Bz/22JgmZXa0F4oaQb9FoL6OWOyeiAY1wzT5ljvf94J2saKL5 GX421MG5u2yTy2iM9cO3Rwo/YIbls8K0ynRj1bbehFF1wezsSg2DSIs5zW+z4IAFSf// a11Q==

Ok so I have disconnect the SCSI optical juke box and removed the hardware resources associate with it. I still have the SCSI controller in the 5796 expansion unit. I am removing it from a copy of the current profile. What I am seeing is the card is in C1 - no problem removing as it is where the jukebox was connected and there is nothing else connected. But I also see a second SCSI bus control in C3 with no external connectors. This says is a 64-bit 266Mhz PCI-X slot Auxiliary Cache Adapter, IBM I calls it a 575C-001. Would this be the backup cache to the RAID controller in C2, 64-bit 266Mhz PCI-X Slot Tri-x4 3Gb SAS RAID Adapter, IBM I calls it 572F-001

I am concerned. Should I remove the card in C2? Does it go with the RAID controller in C3 or the SCSI interface in C1?

--
Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services

707.665.2100, ext. 1102 - 707.793.5700 FAX
chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.cross-check.com
Notice of Confidentiality: This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by e-mail (by replying to this message) or telephone (noted above) and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.  Thank you for your cooperation with respect to this matter.