From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Roberto José
Etcheverry Romero
Sent: Friday, January 4, 2019 10:33 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Wipe and load an iSeries

Depending on the Type/Model of the machine, the fastest way would be to use
the ASMI and just clear the entire hypervisor config, which would destroy
the LPARing. After that it would be a simple reload from scratch.
I can't remember a machine that is able to run 7.1 and doesn't have ASMI.
Do you not have an HMC?