Hi Vern,

As to the associations, there are examples online on creating a script or a registry import file to automate that function.
A Google search: "registry script to change file associations" brought up several resources.

Here's a link that seems promising: https://superuser.com/questions/406985/programatically-associate-file-extensions-with-application-on-windows

IIRC, the DTF and FDF files are all plain text. If you can't find an already built solution, it's shouldn't be too difficult to roll your own.

-mark