If you think about it it's a 1 in 10,000 chance they would be a duplicate. Has to happen now and then.

IBM can have a similar issue. Customer numbers are three digit 'prefix' followed by 7 digits and there are three different prefixes that are valid for US customers. IBM however does not ask for the prefix, only country and the last 7. You indicate US and they must try all three of the possible prefixes. So we had a customer upgrade last year where it told us "NO, you may NOT register that customer number, it is already You!" Turns out the upgrade customer number was the same last 7 (1 in 10,000,000!) as their old customer number but the three digit prefix differed. The key center only will use the first one of those that it finds valid for you. Sucked to be them! NO KEYS FOR YOU!

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com