From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2018 8:58 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: P9 9009-42A slot priorty recomendations

Paul:

The FIRST place you start with that project is the system planning tool.
See:

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3T1026099

You'll have to install it and build your system. In there you can see all
the placement rules etc.

When folks like Larry, me, Pete design systems this is where we start.

If you have the system and the HMC already up and powered on you could
extract the system plan from the HMC and use that to figure out placements
for the new cards.

The EJ14s and the EN0As will need to be in specific slots more because of
performance that slot restrictions. The planning tool will show you cards
that are in poor locations for that card.

Your business partner should have created a system plan prior to ordering
the system. Ask them for that copy.

Failing all of that I could build one for you.

How many expansion chassis?

How many partitions? VIOS/IBM i hosting i?

Etc. etc.

--

Jim Oberholtzer

Agile Technology Architects