Hi,

a little bit late but better late than never. A little snippet on how to validate an xml file.

**FREE

/includeQXMLDEV560/QRPGLESRC,QXML4PR560

dcl-ctrue 1;
dcl-cfalse 0;
dcl-cnull x'00';

main();
*inlr =*on;

dcl-procmain;

dcl-sfilepath char(1024);
dcl-sdomEnvData pointerinz(%addr(Qxml_DOMEXCDATA));
dcl-sparser pointer;

  filepath ='/usr/local/example/xmlvalid/data.xml'+null;

// Initialize the XML environment, provide pointer to DOM exception
// data area.   A call to QxmlInit must occur before any other API
// call.
  QxmlInit(domEnvData);

// Create a new parser instance
  parser =QxmlXercesDOMParser_new(domEnvData);

// Configure parser
QxmlXercesDOMParser_setValidationScheme(parser :Qxml_VALAU);
QxmlXercesDOMParser_setDoNamespaces(parser :true);
QxmlXercesDOMParser_setDoSchema(parser :true);
QxmlXercesDOMParser_setValidationSchemaFullChecking(parser :true);

// Parse xml file
QxmlXercesDOMParser_parse_SystemId(parser :%addr(filePath):Qxml_JOBCCSID :0);

// Check for parse error
if(Qxml_DOMRTNCOD =Qxml_DOMNOERROR);
    dsply 'valid';
else;