No just correct the bad programmer. It’s not SQL’s fault a table gets filled.

-Matt

On Nov 6, 2018, at 3:03 PM, Musselman, Paul <pmusselman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Someone needs to teach SQL about bad programs!

Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Tyler, Matt
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 5:02 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PF member current number of increments larger than the max

Anything but *nomax is not allowed for SQL DDL tables.

-Matt

On Nov 6, 2018, at 2:54 PM, Musselman, Paul <pmusselman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Booth--

~eeeeewwwww~ *NOMAX!

In this case, I'd probably set the size at 10,000,000 records to start with. That's double the existing size.

I cringe when I hear *NOMAX-- I have visions of a program running away one night and filling all available storage (almost said 'disk space') until the OS says "I give up" and shuts down the system.

"Oh, but the programs that touch that file have been running for -years- without problems!"

*sigh*

Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx