Andrew:

There is nothing in BRMS that looks like a *NONSYS. Your partner needs to
spend 20 minutes with the internet to discover how to recover the box.
Paul and others gave you good links into BRMS although I have to admit I
rarely do it quite that way when I do the restore manually, ordinarily
driven by application needs.

This year I've done so many recoveries like the one your suggesting I've
lost count of them, and did a 10TB system just this last weekend. This
should be routine, and there is a specific section on the test business
partners had to take (before this year) to get IBM to let them sell POWER
that included questions on this topic. I'm shocked they don't understand
it.

If you have BRMS, you have the media definition so you could use multiple
drives in your save/restore using the IBM save/restore commands, but that
requires advanced knowledge of BRMS. Note: BRMS creates the media
definition as part of the INZSYS *DEVICE command so transporting it from
one box to another most likely would not work unless the devices were
identical on both boxes.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 6:44 AM Andrew Lopez (SXS US) <