Well at least the error message is different!

I had to use sudo to create the dir in the root but now get:

JonsMacBook:/ jonparis$ mount ideveloper:/partner400 /NFS
mount_nfs: can't mount /partner400 from ideveloper onto /NFS: Operation not permitted

Tried sudo with that too "just in case" but no luck - same error.

So I checked the folder permissions on NFS and found I had read only - so I changed that to read-write. Same problem but ... when I changed the object I was trying to mount to my personal directory in /Home things changed.

JonsMacBook:/ jonparis$ sudo mount ideveloper:/home/paris /NFS results in the volume apparently being mounted i.e. a disk drive ice shows up in the folder in finder. BUT any attempt to open the folder, ls the files etc. results in a permissions failure.

I just have too much work to do to spend any more time on this ... thanks very much for your help.

P.S. For you does the minted drive show up in the finder list in the left hand pane? It doesn't for me.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com